Learn to Earn
As a ShareTank participant, you will take part in four half-day Tank Training “Education” sessions that teach the skills you need to promote and grow your organization.
ShareTank wants all nonprofits to succeed. As a ShareTank participant, your nonprofit organization will take part in four half-day Tank Training “Education” sessions between September and November. These sessions will provide you and your organization with valuable insights in nonprofit work around the country as well as how to grow your organization. The curriculum will provide nonprofits the skills to promote and grow their organizations in order to better assist those in need.
Tank Training will take place on September 28, October 12, October 26 and November 9. Each session will begin at 9 a.m. and conclude around noon.
Education Day One | September 28th (slides)
- Welcome from Mayor Rick Stopfer, City of Irving
- Psychology of Giving by John Drake, CFRE, Irving Healthcare Foundation
- Special Event Fundraising by Laura Manning, Irving Healthcare Foundation
- Pitch Day guidelines by Dexter Freeman, Irving-Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce
Education Day Two | October 12th
- Annual Giving by Jennifer Landry, City of Irving Museums, and Todd Eric Hawkins, Irving Arts Center
- Corporate & Foundation Giving by John Drake, CFRE, Irving Healthcare Foundation
- Pitch Day Q&A
Education Day Three | October 26th
- Marketing, Communications & Crowdfunding
- Pitch Day Prep Q&A
Education Day Four | November 9th (Lunch Served)
- Accounting and Tax Basics by Jeff Smith, JD, HighGround Advisors
- Pitch Day Prep
Pitch Day | November 16th
- Pitch Day
Awards Celebration | December 13th
- Share Tank Awards Celebration